Oper8 MicroDCOper8 Micro Data Centre solution - Server Ready
Perfect for Edge, Small Business, Branch, Primary and Hybrid Data Centre Sites
Expand local data centre capacity where you require it – anywhere.
- 8 to 125kW
- 42U, 45U or 48U
- Multiple IT Racks
- Integrated UPS, Cooling, Containment and cable management
Perfect for Smart City IT Hubs, Head Office and Branch Offices, Manufacturing and Mine Sites.
IP66 Weatherproof MicroDCs:
- External deployment
- Dedicated Energy Centres
- No need to remove building sprinklers
- When you have no more space
- Warehouse & Mine Site deployment
Expand local data centre capacity with integrated:
- UPS (N, N+1, N+N)
- ZeroU PDUs (A + B)
- Cooling (N, N+1, N+N)
- Monitoring and Alerting (low bandwidth, back to base communications)
- Optional Fire Detection and Suppression
You can do a lot with 42 to 384U of IT systems:
- Local Smart City applications
- Regional Data Centre facility and colo
- Security Platforms and Video Storage
- Local Data Storage and Backup
- On-premise Private Cloud and Hyper-Converged Platform
- Protected Multi-carrier Internet Links
Mission critical IT, Network, Compute and IoT platforms come in many different sizes – however, all them have something in common – their mission critical nature.
Complementing cloud solutions with on-premise infrastructure is a natural fit for many organisations who require:
- Local hyperconverged IT platforms
- The need to maintain existing applications or business systems locally – whether they might work in the cloud or not
- High Performance Compute (HPC) locally
- Cost effective, office connected, (10Gbps to 100Gbps) fibre-speed connectivity to critical compute infrastructure
- Low latency applications
- Local data storage
- A distributed mesh of local data centre capacity
A Micro Data Centre, or MicroDC, is a purpose-built data centre comprising one or more IT racks, integrated (and dedicated) cooling racks, with fully integrated systems typical of larger data centre facilities. Oper8’s MicroDCs include integrated power protection, cooling, monitoring and optional fire detection and suppression.
Private Cloud or Hyper-Converged Platform?
WAN bandwidth costs stifling your projects?
Aging Data Centre systems holding you back?
Not interested in Data Centre Management?
Lack of Data Centre power and cooling?
Systems can't migrate to the Cloud?
Latency and network performance challenges?
No local Cloud platforms or infrastructure?
Need local data storage with cloud backup?
Oper8 Global - IT Eco System
Smaller options are available with the PicoDC and NanoDC, while more capacity is available through our prefabricated MDC solutions.
HPC solutions are aligned for deployment with our MicroDC range, MDC Solutions or with our turnkey HPC platforms.
Oper8 MicroDC Features
The MicroDC can be right-sized to meet your onsite data centre capacity needs. Typical power and cooling capacity to support upwards of 40 servers, data storage and networking.
Perfect for locally contained hyper-converged edge and core solutions.
The MicroDC enclosure features:
- One or more 19″ IT Racks (42, 45 or 48U)
- Solid sides, roof & floor
- Front and Rear Doors
- Dust Seals on front and rear doors
- Triple locking door-locks
- Internal LED Lighting (door controlled)
- IT Racks 600mm (W) x 1250mm (D)
- Standard White or Black colour
- Width of 800mm per IT Rack
- Depth of 1450mm
- External Weatherproof (IP66)
- Vandal Resistant (steel)
- Custom Branding
- Custom Colours
Data Centre Systems
- Rack Mounted UPS
- Integrate Cooling Racks
- 2 x ZeroU PDUs per Rack
- 1 x Rack Mount STS
- Cable Management
- External Energy Centre for UPS systems
- Resilient UPS and Cooling (N, N+1, N+N)
- Fire Detection
- Gas-based Fire Suppression
- Additional Rack Mount STS/ATS to support single corded IT equipment
HPC solutions require additional cooling infrastructure.
Monitoring and Management
Platform visibility with:
- IT systems power load (kW) per Rack and MicroDC system
- Temperature and Humidity sensors
- Door Open sensors
- Fire Detection and Suppression
- Data Centre Systems status
- Back-to-Base monitoring and email alerting
- Dedicated online Web Portal
- Extend monitoring to core network, server and storage systems
- Siren/Beacon alert (smoke/fire detection)
- SMS alerting
- Auto Door Open system
- Up to 48U of Rack Space per IT Rack
- Up to 384U of IT Rack Space when using separate Energy Centres for UPS and Power
- 19″ rack rails front and rear to support deep servers and network switches
- IT Load capacity from 8kW to 125kW per Rack
- Hyperconverged Platform (compute, storage and networking)
- Network Pack (Firewall, Router, POE Switches, WiFi Access Point)
- Server Pack (Converged Platform for VMware, Microsoft Server/HyperV, other)
- Data Storage Pack (SAN, NAS, CloudNAS, Cloud Backup)
- 8kW to 150kW
- N, N+1 or N+N redundant
- Dual battery modules
- SNMP visibility
A separate Energy Centre offers additional UPS and battery capacity.
HPC solutions can be deployed with or without UPS.
- 8kW to 125kW per Rack
- Separate Cooling Rack
- N, N+1 or N+N Resilience
- SNMP Visibility
For HPC, CDUs (condenser water distribution units) are required.
MicroDC Use Cases
Hyperconverged platforms supporting distributed business processes and locations. High-end video, graphics and CAD design. Local rendering farms and Private Cloud systems.
Enable local high-capacity image storage, fibre networking and light-speed diagnostics. Image replication and remote specialist review.
Supporting local IT systems and platforms in regional areas, and to support low latency applications. Enable hybrid cloud solutions and support Local First employment and skills policies.
Enable local Smart City platforms with an aggregated pre-processing analytics engine supported by an integrated cloud big data and communications system.
Local Smart City Colocation Facility.
Muti Carrier Interconnect
Enabled multiple carriers to securely deliver connectivity to your business premises and local compute, manufacturing or processing facilities. Provision separate IT Racks per Service Provider or Carrier while sharing power and cooling capacity.
CCTV aggregation and storage, Local Video Analytics and Security Access Control Systems, with integrated HSMs for encryption key management.
Working with Key Partners
Oper8 Global Solutions can be delivered, managed and supported across the Asia Pacific through Oper8 Pty Ltd (Australia)
Strategic Directions provides
- ICT Strategy and Management
- Telecommunications and Networking
- Data Centre Strategy, Site and Cost Analysis
- Smart City Strategies
Oper8 Global Limited
John Eccles House
Oxford Science Park
Oxford OX4 4GP
M-F: 9am – 5:30pm